Internet working on my iPod and not on my computer. Not thrilled.
When you open up, the world opens up
a positivity post because I don’t wanna do my online classes right now
1) The RA team here is awesome and I am so glad I am a part of it.
2) Met a girl with connections to the children’s hospital…could have some cool implications there
3) My brother and I are both kind of like, So whaaat do we do? in life currenlty… it is good to have company
4) The sun is shining in the peg. Super awesome.
5) I am wearing dresses until this 17+ weather stops
6) Yoga club was a huge hit on Tuesday… gotta plan a good one for tonight!
7) Folk fest is coming up, and I’m excited for that
8) Happy to be surrounded by love in this random pocket of the world
9) I think / hope I’m in the infant room at work today
10) I can now stream Mo-Kenney’s album!
Andrea Gibson (via creatingaquietmind)
The most comforting quote.
I’m drunk, because that’s healthy sometimes
10 Good Things (yee yee CBT)
1. My roomie and I are chill and reasonable and FRIENDS
2. Impromtu lunch date with a friend today, who I am volunteering at the student run cafe with on Wednesdays
4. The tea cup I drank from during lunch was so delightful
5. This is a really great place to live
6. I am a healthy, capable person
7. I’m starting up the Yoga Club on Tuesday
8. Music is no longer mandatory in my life.
9. I get to read about prenatal development for psychology.
10. I ate ice cream with the Albanians yesterday.
11. I’m probably getting drunk on Friday, thank goodness.
It is VERY hard for me to not let my mind wander off and think about hypotheticals regarding where I’ll be when I’m 30 (if I’m 30), where I’ll go next year, or what I’ll eat for supper on Tuesday.
So I went out for a forest wander today (partially due to a head ache and partially due to the neighbours downstairs playing some sick beats that were making bones in my skull vibrate…) because I needed to get away.
I know I need to trust in God more, that I’ll meet up with whatever sort of thing that I need. I don’t even need to know what I’m doing tomorrow, let alone next year, I just have to show up, and be up for anything and that alone will be enough.
Other things: My walk reminded me of how everything looks with snow on the ground, and even though I know the winter is coming I must not let even the knowledge of that consume me. It is also not last winter, this too shall pass. I don’t want to pause between interactions with a specific someone, I’ve got to keep moving on. I should just let the interactions I am led to inspire me and drive me instead of focusing on what I don’t have.
I stood still in the forest today and reminded myself to be thankful, because a lot of good things have happened over the last couple of weeks, and I can’t let the absence of one good thing be my demise. I also need to let myself be happy- to remember to be, and embrace it, even if happiness doesn’t stay, it’s still worth it when we get it. I just don’t like sitting in a post happiness stupor, so I always look to something or someone else to keep me ‘up’ but that’s becoming very artificial and extremely short lived. Happiness ebbs and flows, and that is OK.
bonus: I’m learning to write really introspectively while I live with someone so that’s great. I’m getting used to being alone while still having company, but I’m just doing my own thing.
Also, I’ve realized that social media sites suck the life out of me and makes me less social. I’ve realized I don’t need to ‘check’ things as much, and in place of mindless checking, I’ll write something instead.
Something is Always Better Than Nothing
But I am done chasing something I don’t want.
letting myself day dream for a little while
work outs 1-7
4th: 28 min run
5th: 32 min run
6th: 32 min run, 10 min walk, 9 min run
the worst part about being a Canadian child was colouring in Nunavut
I bet you were having nunathat.
television in the fall :)
Yep. Guess who is excited for TV watching in fall…
these are ‘my’ shows:
Sunday: Heartland- 09/28
Tuesday: The Mindy Project- 09/16!!!!!!!!!!!!
Tuesday: Chicago Fire- 09/23
Wednesday: Nashville- 09/24
Wednesday: Modern Family- 09/24
Wednesday: Chicago P.D.- 09/24
Thursday: Grey’s Anatomy- 09/25
?: Parks and Recreation- only 13 episodes left!!